All are invited to join us on Saturday, June 23rd at 5:30 pm, or on Sunday, June 24th any time between 9:15 and 10:30 am for the Restoration Celebration. As a church family, we will be celebrating the beautiful outside work done to help restore and preserve God’s house (The Sanctuary) so it will be ready for many more generations of members.
Please joins us in the Courtyard by the Commons for refreshments, before and after pictures, and a walk around the Sanctuary.
We also are extremely grateful for all the work done by The Tradesmen Group, Inc. They are restoration specialists from Plain City, OH. They worked hard and around our schedules to get the work done.
While the exterior work is completed and The Tradesmen Group, Inc. did a wonderful job, as most major repairs go, we did encounter 3 major repairs we were not expecting:
- There were steel I-Beams found above the 3 large windows where lintels were expected. It took extra engineering fees to deal with the rust on the beams and to ensure that it did not reoccur.
- The roofs above the towers needed extensive repairs to stop water penetration.
- A cost analysis was done and it was more cost-effective to hire The Tradesmen Group to abate the lead paint on the wood windows in the bell tower, and have them repair, paint, and caulk them.
With these unexpected repairs, we did go over budget by $30,000 and we need your help to cover these extra expenses. You can help us raise the $30,000! Any funds collected over will be used towards the repairs needed in the inside of our sanctuary.
There are 3 easy ways to give -
- Give online.
- Write a check or give cash in a pew envelope noting "Sanctuary."
- Contact Ivonne if you would like to give a stock gift, Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), or any other planned gift.