Application & Admission to St. John
We want our application and admission process to be as stress-free as possible for you and your student. Our checklist helps you see where you are in the admissions process.
It is our ultimate goal through this process that we make sure that St. John is a good fit for your student and your family, and that you are a good fit for our St. John family. We want to start off with a great relationship so that we can partner together to provide the best educational experience possible for your student.
St. John Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to made available to students in the school. It does not discriminate based on race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, policies, and athletic, and other school-administered programs.
Need to Know Info
Visit our For Parents area of the website for forms, calendars, handbooks, and need to know information.
Schedule a day to have your student shadow at St. John for the day.
We love our school and cannot wait to show your student(s) all the things that make St. John Lutheran School the special place that it is.
Your Shadow Day Schedule
- Drop Off: School doors open at 7:40. Please arrive between 7:45-7:55 am on your Shadow Day.
- Check In: Your first stop is check-in at the School Office.
- Class: Students are placed in their current grade level so they can make friends with their future classmates.
- Testing: Benchmark testing is scheduled during the shadow day visit.
- Lunch: Students stay for lunch for some social time with their new friends & classmates.
- Pick Up: Pick up times vary by age of student. We will share your pick up time when you schedule your Shadow Day.
What to bring with you:
Waterbottle, Snack, School appropriate t-shirts and jeans are fine, Sneakers are recommended
What is a benchmark test?
We do benchmark testing two times a year at St. John. For new students, we test before they are admitted. This gives us data on students before they begin in our classrooms. Benchmark tests are “no stress” test. They are as the name implies, simply a benchmark to see where you student is right now. The test typically takes 30-45 minutes.
Questions? Connect with our Admission Coordinator, Heidi Mielke via email or phone (317) 352-9196
Turn in the following to St. John:
- Recent Report Card/Progress Report
- Standardized Test Scores
- IEP/504 Plan (if applicable)